Monday, October 15, 2012

Filling my Soul

A couple of women and I have recently started a little Bible study together on Monday nights and it is filling my soul in so many ways. Studying and discussing God's Word together is just such an amazing experience and it's just incredible how God speaks to each of us so personally, even when we're all reading the same exact thing! Not only is my soul being filled with His Word, but it's being filled with the joy of intimate friendship. I'm talking the kind of friendship that I have always wanted. Tonight will only be our 4th night together and yet we have laughed, cried, and prayed together on such an incredibly close and sweet level. I am truly blessed and overwhelmed by this group of women. I was able to share some of the deepest and darkest details of my life with them (I only became a Christian about 5 1/2 years ago, so I had many years of darkness to divulge) and was received with such grace and love, it was just incredible. We are doing a study through a fabulous blog called Good Morning Girls on Colossians and I am enjoying it so much and learning so much too! I thought I would share it with any of you who may be interested. They use the S.O.A.P. method which is S = Write out the Scripture, O = Observations, A = Application and P = Prayer. It has helped me really dig into the Word and I think it's such a great method to use. Oh, and I forgot to mention the delicious snacks and goodies we've had at these Bible studies! I'm talking candy bars, homemade salsa, caramel apple cake and this delicious German Chocolate Lava Cake from Six Sister's Stuff blog that my sweet friend made just because I had mentioned that I wanted to try it! Just look at this stuff! And yes...it does taste as good as it looks!
So, not only have I been filling my soul, but my stomach too. Ah yes, it is pure bliss to surround yourself with good friends, good food and best of all...God's Word. I pray that each of you would know this kind of joy. It's such a blessing and I'm so thankful that God has placed these women in my life.

No comments: