Sunday, July 26, 2009

Flooded With Emotions

Last night at church and then again this morning, our youth drama team did a skit (I know they aren't the first to do it, but it was the first time I've ever seen it) that portrays a girl being brought to life by God and then being separated from Him by all the pressures and forces of life such as sexuality, alcohol, drugs, money, etc. that eventually lead her to be suicidal. You see the enemy telling her she's nothing and giving her the gun. She sits there crying with the gun to her head and eventually throws it down and runs to God (who has been standing there the whole time, waiting for her to come back to Him). She is being held back by the enemy and all of the evil that has overtaken her, but she doesn't stop fighting to get back to God and eventually He casts them all aside and takes her into His arms. It was such a powerful representation of the struggles we face in life and how we can't get through them on our own. My youngest sister, Delyn, and her husband, Jason, were there with my husband and I and we were all extremely moved. Delyn and I were shaking and sobbing and having experienced the death of our cousin from suicide just 6 months ago, it was all so real to us. It just created a physical picture for us of how he was struggling and the hurt and torment he was in and I just can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been if he had had a close relationship with the Lord...if he had just turned to Him. God is standing right there waiting for us to call out to Him. It's that easy. He loves us so much and wants a relationship with us and all we have to do is turn to Him and pursue Him. So why do so many people turn away from Him? Why do so many people resist and reject Him? I just don't understand. You have everything to gain by loving and trusting in Him and the only thing you have to lose is going through a life without true joy, without hope, and without acknowledgement of eternal life in paradise with Him. The choice is yours. So, what do you choose?

Here is the song that went along with the skit and I hope that anyone who comes across my blog will read this and listen to this song and that if they aren't walking with the Lord, that they will really evaluate their life and question just what it really is they are living for. God bless.

2 comments:

LLJ said...

I was deeply moved during the skit too! A spiritual battle is happening all the time. I get so distracted & forget... What a good reminder to keep praying! It makes me want to gather together with some prayer warriors...

kalea_kane said...

I have never seen that skit, and I am so glad you shared it with us all. I wish more people would realize that no matter how dark things are, they are not alone. He is always there.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my uncle to suicide, and it still moves me to tears when I think of how he must have struggled.