Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Catcher Upper

So, the past few days have held some excitement for me and the rest of the fam. We've been thoroughly enjoying Vacation Bible School. I've been helping out with the 3rd graders each night and Brian has started working during the REC time. He had the fun job of filling buckets of water the other day, for the kids to soak their water bombs in. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with all the kids and chatting with some of the adults around there too. The boys have been having a lot of fun and they are both going to be taking friends with them for the next couple nights. I can't believe there are only 2 nights left! It always goes by so fast. It is absolute chaos, but it is the most beautiful and fun chaos there is. Gavin was telling Brian and I last night that he thinks more people should teach their kids about Christian music instead of other kinds of music that have swearing and bad things in them. That makes me so happy to hear him say things like that. People put such a stigma on Christian music and it's completely out of ignorance, because I know if people were exposed to the huge array of Christian music there is out there, there is something everyone would like. I'm guilty of being one of those people who thought it was dorky too, but once I started listening to it and discovering all the different bands and different sounds there are, I don't miss that other kind of music at all. It's also so awesome to see some of the younger people that are involved in our church and what an impact they make on the kids. I was also guilty of thinking really Christian people were dorky, but nothing could be further from the truth. Of course, I'm not naive enough to say that there aren't some dorky people, but aren't there dorky people everywhere? Anyway, there are some of the younger people (I believe they are in their very late teens to very early twenties) that are doing things for VBS and I know my kids think they are awesome. They are fun, fashionable, just all around cool people. I think it is awesome for our kids to see people who are "cool" like that who love the Lord with everything they've got. They are all going to Bible Colleges and are planning to spend their lives in some sort of ministry. How cool is that? I just think it's a great thing for all of the kids at VBS this week to see. I know they are an inspiration to me, so I hope they are to the kids as well. As for myself, I am making great new friends this week. I have already been invited by a couple different people to join them for different things at Brown City Camp when we go. I just really feel like I am creating great bonds with some really wonderful people who have the same interests and love for the Lord as I do. I truly have never felt more amazing in my life. God is doing great things in my life as well as in Brian and the boys' lives. I hope He will use us for His good.

Other than the VBS stuff, we've just been hanging out and doing stuff at home during the day. The boys have enjoyed playing in the sprinkler and writing on the driveway with sidewalk chalk (I must admit I was glad the rain came and washed it off because as cute as it is for them to draw a bunch of stuff, I hate the way it looks on the driveway) LOL. I've been working out daily and have now lost 15 pounds total, since I started this journey, but am down 20 pounds total from this time last year. It's not a ton, but it still feels great. I have gotten rid of all of my "big" clothes, so gaining that weight back is not even an option because I won't have anything to wear if I do and I refuse to go buy more clothes in those sizes. So, I'm feeling fantastic. I weigh the least I've weighed since before I got pregnant with Gavin. That is absolutely insane to me! I can't believe I've been so heavy for over 10 years! I still have a good 25 or more pounds to lose to be where I really want to be and I know I can get there. I'm no longer expecting the weight to just hurry up and come off, because it just doesn't seem to work that way. However, I know that the best and most healthy way to do it is gradually and that it will stay off easier if I do it that way and I am content with that. So, my body's getting smaller, I'm continually growing in my faith and happiness and life is just beyond great. I know there will be bumps in the road, but I know that with how much I have grown and with all the love and support that I have around me...nothing is too much for me to handle.


By the way, this is one of the songs we sang with the kids last night and that we sing in Venue as well. It always gives me chills when we sing this and I really think about just how awesome God is and what He sent is Son to do for us. Really pay attention to the words. No matter where you are in your life or what you may have done, God wants to save you and all you have to do is ask Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great song. Very powerful. I agree about Christian music. It's so diverse!! From David Crowder to Kutless to Steven Curtis Chapman and Amy Grant. It's all over the place!
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed VBS