Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ironing out the wrinkles

Literally. I have 4 pairs of khaki pants and 5 dress shirts to iron today in preparation for my sister's wedding on Saturday. Did I mention I despise ironing and only do it when totally and completely necessary? Well, this would be one of those times. Blech. Ok, I'll get over it, just wanted to complain a little. At least now we all have all of our clothes, shoes, socks, undergarments, etc. together and should be good to go. I even know what I'm wearing for the rehearsal tomorrow, but I still have no idea what I'm dressing all the boys in. It's fairly informal though (in a park barbequing at the pavilion) so it shouldn't have to be anything too fussy. So far today has been a good day.

I made the boys toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar on it for breakfast and you would have thought I was a master chef or something. I know I've made it for them before but it must have been a long time ago, because they didn't remember having it before. Oh the little things that bring such joy. I'm all about that. So, I reign as "Awesome Mom" for at least a couple hours. Go me.

Oh, and I finished my speech that I have to give at the reception too. That's a relief. It actually only took me about 5 minutes to do it, but I was panicked because I had completely forgotten about it up to that point. I actually think I have all my stuff in order for once in my life. I'm certainly not ruling out the possiblity that there will be something crucial I'm forgetting, but for now, I'm feeling pretty dang good.

Oh, this was a featured video on MySpace today. I never usually look at those, but this looked amusing so I checked it out. It was, in fact, amusing. Just thought I'd share. Kinda funny.
Bible In A Minute

2 comments:

Marissa said...

enjoy the weekend - sounds like it will be busy & fun!

i can't wait to see pics and of you in your bridesmaid dress. you're going to look FAB!!! :)

Unknown said...

Waiting on pics of the wedding....come on now!!