Monday, May 28, 2012

My Latest Obsession

I've always thought it would be fun to pick up some old furniture for cheap and paint or decoupage it. In fact, it's something I've thought of doing a lot, but just never have done. Now that we have a new house (well, it's been almost a year since we've been here, but it still seems new to me), it seems like the perfect time to add some real interest pieces and just make this house a little more eccentric than my last house. I was thinking about maybe trying out my whole furniture redo idea this summer, if I got around to it, and then I saw...Junk Gypsies! Have you seen this show on HGTV? I just happened to run across it this weekend and knew in an instant I was going to be hooked. These two adorable sisters travel around to flea markets and different places picking up "junk" and they refurbish it into some seriously cool decor! Of course, in the episode I saw, they decoupaged a headboard and painted and re-upholstered a garden chair. They both turned out so cool!!! There is no way after seeing this that I will possibly be able to wait much longer to do some cool projects of my own. In fact, I've already been scoping out craigslist and other places for some cheap furniture. And you know pinterest has some really great ideas too. I seriously was dreaming about projects I could do last night. Yes, I'm that obsessed. I most definitely will be very soon posting a picture of my first before and after project and here's hoping it turns out! I can't wait for my first victim...I mean, project. ;-) Be sure to check out Junk Gypsy on HGTV for some awesome inspiration!

No comments: