Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thankful Sunday

I try to live my life with a constant attitude of thankfulness. Of course, I don't always do such a good job, but I strive to be thankful every day, in every circumstance. Something that helped me to be even more aware of having a thankful heart is the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. If you haven't read it, you really should. I promise it will change you for the better. If you have read it, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Ann also has a blog that feeds my soul. Be sure to check it out because I'm sure it will be a blessing to you also. It's called A Holy Experience and it truly is just that. From her book, I was introduced to the word "Eucharisteo". Eucharisteo means to give thanks, gratitude. I want to live eucharisteo. To have the first thing I do when I wake up and the last thing I do before I fall asleep, be to give thanks to Jesus for all of my many blessings. In every situation, even the hard ones, to give thanks before anything else. To never ask for without first thanking for. To fully live in thankfulness and therefore to know full joy. I have taken her joy dare and have been recording "gifts" daily. Today, I would like to share some of the things I've been thankful for this week... I'm thankful for my 3 boys who I am blessed to have in my care. They finished 1st, 4th and 7th grade this year on Monday. I am so proud of the smart, wonderful boys they are...and we found out on Thursday that Gavin has been accepted into the National Junior Honor Society! I'm thankful for my husband who I have been blessed to have been married to for the past 13 years and have been best friends with since I was 6 years old. We celebrated our anniversary on June 12th and we had a great day together, being goofballs and having fun. I'm so happy to be married to someone who makes me laugh every single day. He's amazing! I'm thankful for our new home that we moved into a year ago and for all of the beautiful flowers around it that make it look cheerful and homey. God's creations are just incredible. My next post will be for a review and giveaway that go along with this theme, be sure check it out. It's a beautiful Etsy shop that you will want to know about for sure.

No comments: