Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is home

Some of you know that my 18 year old cousin passed away tragically at the end of January. It has been very hard for our family and there are so many questions that will probably never be answered. I don't know all that he was going through, but he was obviously a very sad and tormented soul and I just pray that he is at rest now. I miss him so much and there isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think about him and just wish there was some way we could have stopped this from happening. There is a song that was playing constantly during the week following his death, while all of the funeral home activities and then the funeral were happening, and I just felt like it was what he might be saying. I truly feel that he saw the enemy and for whatever reason, he couldn't overcome the hold that it had on him. I just pray for him and hope he realizes just how loved he was and still is. I've just been thinking about him a ton over the past couple days and thought I would share this song.

Rest in peace, sweet Andrew William. I will hold you in my heart always.

No comments: