Monday, January 18, 2010

The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble


I just finished reading a book that completely captivated me. The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble is set back in the 1800s and is a great mixture of mystery, suspense and romance. She does an amazing job of being descriptive about the characters, the clothing they wore, the decor of the buildings, just everything and it completely transports you to that place and time. I love that I was able to read a captivating mystery/suspense/romance without it being raunchy and just be able to enjoy the story. I have heard from friends that her other books are excellent too, so I definitely plan to check them out!

Below is the book description to give you a better idea of what the story line is...


Book Description

At a lavish estate in Mercy Falls, California, Addie Sullivan finds danger—and quite possibly the love of her life.

Growing up as the lightkeeper’s daughter on a remote island at the turn of the century, Addie Sullivan has lived a hardscrabble life. When a long-lost and wealthy relative finds her and enlists her to work as a governess at a lavish estate, she hopes to discover the truth of her heritage. But at Eaton Hall, nothing is as it seems. Not the idyllic family she hoped for, not the child she was hired to help, not even the aloof man she’s immediately attracted to. Soon she must turn for help to Lieutenant John North, a man who views her with suspicion.

As Addie edges closer to the truth, danger threatens even as her romance with John blossoms and together they unravel a decades-old mystery. As Addie faces down her enemy, she discovers that faith in her one true Father is all she needs.


I definitely recommend this book!

You can purchase this book at Barnes & Noble and many other book stores.




Thank you to Thomas Nelson for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review.

2 comments:

Kimberly Conway said...

Thanks for the tip, Danielle! I'll definately be picking this one up! I'm seeing that a lot of people are setting New Year's reading goals. I must say that some are pretty high and intimidating. Being that I have so much on my plate right now, I'm setting a goal of one book a month. If you have any other recommendations please stop by and let me know! P.S. I always enjoy your blog ;)

LLJ said...

I always enjoy reading her books! I will have to look for this one!