Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Only 5 Days Left!!!

Of summer vacation, that is. I can't believe how fast it went by. I seriously think it seems to go by faster every year. I have mixed feelings on the whole back-to-school thing. In a way, it will be nice to have some quiet time around the house where I can get things done without interruption and it's much easier to go out and do things with only one child with me, instead of 3 (especially since the two oldest seem to think it's a good idea to bug the heck out of each other and consequently end up fighting when we're in stores for more than about 2 minutes). What I'm not looking forward to is the getting up at 6:00 a.m., having to go out in the morning to take the boys to school when it's chilly (and downright freezing in the winter) and miserable, having to wake Asher up from his nap to go get the boys in the afternoon, all the extra activities that start up once school is in session, etc. Life just seems to become twice as busy once school starts and yet, it becomes full of things I love too. I love watching Gavin play basketball, I love seeing Riley get all excited about how great he does on his spelling tests, I love that my Women's Bible Study starts back up, I love the urban youth ministry I volunteer at each week starting back up, I love that I get some alone time with Asher, I love that all my favorite holidays are on their way and I get to look forward to them...

So, as I said, I have very mixed feelings. While I'm trying to look at it as a new season with new opportunities, I still can't help but want to hold onto the more laid back feeling that summer vacation provides. What's a girl to do? I guess I should just enjoy these last 5 days of vacation to the fullest and deal with the next "season" when I get there.

No comments: