Sunday, November 15, 2009

I need a kick in the pants.

As you may know, I have lost 26 pounds since June. I have maintained that weight-loss for the past 6 weeks. What's the problem then? Well, I still have about 15 pounds left to lose and I have no motivation whatsoever to do it. I mean, I really want to, but with the holiday fun already starting and all the good food around constantly...well, I know I'm going to have a hard time resisting, which means a hard time not gaining. I worked out for the first time in months on Friday and it felt good to do something productive for my body, but did I like it enough to want to keep doing it? Um, no. I just am in a funk with this whole weight-loss thing right now and it's really bothering me. I DO NOT want to gain any weight back. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin (or fat) before and was self-conscious and miserable about it. I cannot and will not go back there. Besides, I got rid of all my clothes that were too big, so I can't. LOL I am excited for my friend, Ann, to get back from Ireland because she told me before she left that she'd like to be workout accountability partners with me. I think that will help me a ton. My husband is so motivated and has lost about 50 pounds and is working out pretty much daily to gain muscle and tone up now, and it just makes me feel like crud to see him doing so good and me sitting on my butt. He is very supportive, but he also isn't going to force me to workout. So, here's hoping that being accountable to Ann with my working out will be just what I need to get back on track and kick this last bit of flab that's hanging around on me. I know that I'll feel amazing once it's gone. Wish me luck, say a little prayer or kick me the next time you see me (if you're someone I see) and please be gentle ;-) I'll keep you updated on how I'm doing with the whole thing. Plus, I can't wait to post the before and after pictures of my weight-loss journey. I promise you will be shocked.

5 comments:

Sherri S. said...

First of all... a BIG round of applause goes out to you for your weight loss success! Gosh that is incredible!!!

I am trying the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred... so far so good! Only day three but I feel a little skinnier hehe! We can be workout buddies together :)

LLJ said...

It sure isn't easy eating right and staying motivated to exercise. I am really proud of you Danielle for all that you have done to take care of yourself. Good for you in working out with Ann. That is great!
Well, you can count our short walk as a bit of exercise :)

Chari said...

You've done so well!
I know the feeling of the last 15 pounds! I've lost 20 so far. I've got 15 to get to prepregnancy weight, then I want to loose another 15 to 20.

I need motivation!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on losing 26 lbs.!!!

I know how you feel, I'm all gung ho for the first few weeks and then slack off. Good luck to you and Ann!

I have an award for you HERE

Jeni said...

What a great accomplishment Danielle! you're doing awesome...just start again each day and say "I'm gonna do this hard thing!" you can do it...motivation is a hard thing but once you're there you'll go for it, and being with Ann will be awesome!!