Friday, June 13, 2008

Let The Mayhem Begin

school
Yeah, so they needed an apostrophe in school's, but oh well. I had to point that out, because that kind of stuff drives me nuts. LOL

Yay, it's the last day of school! The kids are excited, I'm excited, everything's great! I have big plans for big projects around here and I can't wait to get going on them. Not having to get up at the crack of dawn (ok, 6:50 isn't really that early, but in my world it is) is going to feel soooo good. Yeah, I'm diggin' it. It's hard to believe Riley will be in 1st grade next year and Gavin in 4th. Riley has come such a long way this year and is reading like crazy. I bought him some reading and math workbooks that are 1st grade level and he's flying through them. It's cool to see him so excited about learning. Gavin has always been ahead of where he needs to be and because of that and his good behavior, he was a tutor to Kindergarteners last year (they don't typically let 2nd graders be tutors) and then this year. He also was nominated for and was on Student Council. He was nominated for Service Squad for next year and has already started his duties for that. (Both, Student Council and Service Squad members are nominated by staff, so that's cool that the teachers think he should be a part of that). He's really doing great. His teacher told me that they are having an awards assembly today and that he is getting every single award (minus the perfect attendance, but he only missed one day). She is super proud of him and of course, I'm beaming. It feels so good to see your children doing so well and being good people. I truly am blessed.

So, goodbye to another year of school and hello summer!

1 comment:

Dean B. said...

You'd make a great homeschooling mamma! :)

Just me being me.