Thursday, June 12, 2008

Love Is In The Air

This is the lovely ecard I sent Brian this morning. LOL





Another year of wedded bliss has passed. While there have certainly been bumps in the road of life this year, there haven't been any in our marriage and I'm thankful for that. Today, Brian and I celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary!
Some of you may know the story, but for those who don't...
Brian and I met in 1st grade at Memphis Elementary, when we were 6 years old. We became friends and in 2nd grade we both remember me giving him a stack of sticky notes with a question on one and then "yes or no" on the next that he was supposed to circle. There were several questions and "yes or no" pages and they all started coming apart and getting all mixed up, so he gave up and didn't give it back to me. I apparently got over that. We then went on to 3rd grade where we officially became "boyfriend and girlfriend". I remember he gave me a card for Valentine's Day with a monkey on it. (Man, I wish I knew where that was, because it would definitely be fun to have it now). We also both played t-ball and his Mom clearly remembers how he could've gotten me out, but didn't because he said he didn't want to make me cry. (Awww, he was a sweetheart way back then too). We remained best friends through most of our school years and hung out together often, but just as friends. Then, we dated the summer between 11 and 12th grade. That was totally weird, because we had been such good friends for so long and it didn't end up lasting more than a month. We still remained super close though and hung out all the time and were clearly uncomfortable when the other was dating someone else. Fast forward to age 19. I had been dating a guy for a while and we had gotten engaged (whoa, who knows why, now looking back). Brian and I still continued to hang out and do things with groups of friends. Then one day, the guy who I had become engaged to, looked at me and said "Now that we're engaged, you can't hang out with Brian anymore." I couldn't believe it! Of course I protested, saying that he had been my best friend since childhood and there was no way I wasn't going to ever see him anymore. This guy insisted that if we were going to be together, that was the way it was going to be and in that instant, I knew....I was in love with my best friend, which is just as it should be. I ended up breaking off my engagement a few days later. I called Brian as soon as I did and couldn't get ahold of him, because he was up north camping. I called and called and kept insisting to his roomate (who was also a friend of mine and who had wanted to see us get together for a really long time) that he HAD to have Brian call me as soon as he got there. Well, he did and I told him the news and he was sooooo happy! And well...the rest is history. We got married about a year and a half later and here we are, nine years later!
Oh wow, it took so long for us to finally be together, right where we were meant to be, but now we have shared so much together and look forward to sharing so much more!
Here's some pictures of us from throughout the years.




Brian and I at Marcin Bowl in Canada when we were 19.


Brian and I on Christmas 2001 (I was pregnant with Riley), we were 23.




Brian and I getting ready to go out for our 6th anniversary (I was pregnant with Asher), we were 27.




Brian and I on the beach in Maine, in October 2007. We were 29.




The love note Brian wrote me in the sand on the beach in Maine. He's absolutely the best!


2 comments:

Marissa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I remember seeing your 6th wedding anniversary pic right after it was taken. :)

Many, many more happy years to come!!

Unknown said...

HAPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Love the anniversary pics. You two are so stinkin' cute together.