Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom's Bible: God's Wisdom for Mothers NCV


I had the great opportunity to receive a copy of and review the Mom's Bible: God's Wisdom for Mothers (New Century Version) from Thomas Nelson Publishers.

This Bible is packed with great extras like introductions that present the setting for each book in the bible, a large section filled with questions that kids ask and answers for them, life lesson from biblical mothers, ways to build Godly character, advice from a Christian therapist and more.

I was so pleasantly surprised as I started looking into all the features of this Bible. It is a sturdy hardcover with detailing on every page and the layout on the pages is easy to read. The extras that are included that I mentioned above are such a great addition to the Bible and give you several things you can use to apply to your everyday life. I have never read a NCV Bible before, but I find the wording to be easy to understand without being completely different from the NIV that I am used to. There are some lined pages in the back where you can write and I am excited to fill this book with prayers for my children. I see this as being a Bible that I use for the rest of my life as I pray for my children during their childhood and in their adult life.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this Bible, but I really like all of it's features and can honestly say that I would highly recommend it to any mother. I think it would make a really great gift for a new mother or for Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Kelly Pauley said...

This looks like a really nice Bible Danielle :o)