Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring Cleaning Week 1 - Entry Area

I am joining in a Spring Cleaning challenge over at a blog called Beautiful 2 God. Sarah has set up a great schedule to easily get your house in great shape in time for the weather to break, so that when it does, you can get outside and enjoy it instead of being stuck inside cleaning. Here are the directions for this week's area, the entry, and here is the schedule for the rest of the challenge, so check it out and join in the fun!


And here it is...my entry. It is in an especially bad state of disarray right now. We simply have too many coats, pairs of snow pants, boots, shoes, etc. to fit in the small entry closet (however, organization on my part would help tremendously) and it just makes everything look a mess. My plan is to remove the snow pants we aren't currently using, get rid of hats that are too small, gloves without a match, all that good stuff and get the closet organized. You'll notice that right now, it's so full that the door won't even stay on the track...real nice. I'd also like to get a new rug for guests to put their shoes on when they come over. The walls need to be washed, things need to be dusted, the floor needs a good hands and knees scrubbing, etc. I will actually be painting the area on week 8 (during the living/family room week) so that will make the entry look much better too, as there are scuff marks on the walls that just won't come off. I'll be sure to take another picture of it then, to show the difference. So anyway, here is my embarrassingly messy entry, but hopefully Friday the new pictures will be something I can smile about!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck on your cleaning endeavors! I know I am going to be busy this week~ LOTS to do!

Thanks so much for linking up! Can't wait to see the end result! :)

Malika said...

Stopping by from Sarah's blog. Good luck with your spring cleaning. I'm kind of jealous of everyone's big entry way areas. Ours is barely an entry way since our house is so small. I guess that's good, though.

I've followed you and can't wait to see your progress.