Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Cleaning - Master Bedroom ~ Part 2


Join in the fun at Beautiful2God.


Finally, here it is! I cannot tell you how good it feels to walk into my bedroom and see what I see now. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't help but smile to see my room looking the way it does. It is downright sad that I let it get looking the way I did, but after all of this work, I WILL NOT let it look like that again.

Here's a little rundown of what I did in my room this week. I pulled everything out from under the bed, dusted things off, threw things away and vacuumed under there. I wiped down the walls, dusted the surfaces of everything, cleaned all the glass in the room and vacuumed the floor. I cleaned my ceiling fan. I washed my bedding, washed my curtains and painted the wood trim around my windows that still needed to be painted from when we got our new windows put in almost 3 years ago (sad, I know). Probably my favorite part was hanging up the "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" sign above my bed that I've had for over a year and never got up. That might not sound like all that much work, but if you knew the amount of stuff that was actually in that room that I had to find places for (I also threw away a lot of stuff and also put things in bags and boxes for the big garage sale coming up at church) you would understand what a huge job it really was.

Needless to say, I am completely relieved to have my room finally in the condition it should be in. I do still want to clean my carpet and go through my closet, but since my master bathroom (next week's space) shouldn't take me more than a couple hours, I plan to clean the bedroom carpet and closet then.

So, without further ado, here are the before and after pictures of my master bedroom...

View from hallway into bedroom. BEFORE


View from hallway into bedroom. AFTER




View from master bath doorway into bedroom. BEFORE


View from master bath doorway into bedroom. AFTER




View toward hallway and master bath. BEFORE


View toward hallway and master bath. AFTER



Just a picture of my bed and my sign that I finally got put up!




Isn't it a million times better than it was?! I seriously am so excited. I asked my husband if he thought it would be obnoxious if I just rolled around on the floor and he laughed and said it made him want to do the same since we finally had enough space on the floor where you actually could!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow congratulations!!!! I love having a clean house it makes you feel so much better!!!

Jeni said...

FANTASTIC JOB! wow...have to say this week I didn't get to the closet BUT I don't have a master bath so I'm going to continue in my room! ha Thanks for the inspiration! wow you must feel so great!!!

Anonymous said...

It look so wonderful. I hope you treated yourself to a relax time after all that. It looks great.

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

You did so well, I was naughty and had already started last weekend before taking before shots. I love that you were honest and show it warts and all. I too am not going to let my room get like it again either.

And you know what? My entry and main bathroom still look lovely - even the kids got with the act.

Mominin said...

Looks great! I bet you even get a better night's sleep!

LLJ said...

haha! You are so cute! I can just picture you rolling on your floor! Great Job! Looks really great!

Leanne
p.s. A garage sale at CW? hadn't heard.

Michele Hayre said...

Great job! Coming to do mine next??

Do tell about a CW garage sale!

Sarah said...

Sorry this is so late, but you did GREAT!!! It looks awesome!

Thanks again for linking up!!!!